Hi, I’m Veit Schenk, and I eat, live, breathe and help others with their marketing.
Here’s the “About Me In a Nutshell” so you can see if you’d like to work with us:
The “Professional” Veit
- PhD from Oxford, UK in Engineering Science (plus 10 years working in brain-research at Siemens Medical) – pretty good at really thinking things through and figuring out what works and what doesn’t.
- (short) career as an insurance salesman – have personal experience with ‘selling’ (and knowing what people like, and what they really don’t like) – and a massive aversion to “unwanted persuasion” ever since.
- Running Sales & Ad-Design Workshops for newspaper advertising sales-reps – direct experience with what works and what doesn’t work in local markets. (plus the experience that workshops, where you get stuff done, ALWAYS beat information-dump ‘seminars’)
- 10 years actually DOING online marketing full time – both as a product creator as well as coach – that’s a lot of experience (and a whole lot of mistakes) you can learn from
- brought up in a military family that values honesty, authenticity and respect – you won’t find any ‘salesy’ BS going on here (as you can probably gather from the testimonials)
The “Private” Veit
My lifelong fascinations (or sometimes ‘obsessions’;-) are:
- Figuring out how we as a species make decisions, “what makes us tick” – and how we can use that to communicate better (in business as well as at home: in my case with my wife and 4 kids currently all in, or approaching puberty)
- Cycling. In all forms. The longer the better. Yes, I’m an introvert, and I like going “deep”, instead of superficial. Cycling gives me the time to really think things through. This year I’ll cycle to the Ireland “The Fleadh” workshop – do the same and I’ll comp your ticket!
Why We Do Workshops (Instead of ‘Seminars’)
Over the years, we have done countless live workshops with thousands of participants, and the feedback is pretty much unanimous:
This is the only way you not only ‘truly learn’, but also get stuff done.
#1 – We always start you with “What you already know”: most business owners have no background in marketing … and as a result, very quickly get overwhelmed by all the choices out there. That’s why we tie everything back to what you already know, so you build on something you’re familiar with.
#2 – We make sure you get to ‘Mastery’: This is what makes the difference between ‘getting something intellectually’ and ‘truly getting it’. And as ‘truly getting it’ is what puts you in a position to implement, execute and reap the rewards, that’s what we’re focusing on.
#3 – Our preferred way of ‘teaching’ are Workshops: Our results show that by far THE best way to get people to ‘mastery’ is to have a live workshop where you are forced to step outside your comfort zone (in a safe setting of course) and address your assumptions, mental limitations and ‘blind-spots’ head-on. Plus, in a workshop you actually get stuff done, not just ‘soak up more information’ (you’re not going to be able to act on anyway).
And that’s why when you work with us, you’ll find yourself ‘hands-on’ and in ‘full-immersion’ most of the time.
If you only want to ‘learn about’ new things – there are always Youtube videos…
Our Approach To Designing Our Workshops
#1 – From Confusion To Clarity: Information overload and overwhelm is by far THE biggest problem people face these days. Therefore, the most helpful thing you can do for your prospective clients these days is to provide clarity on what matters most, so they can focus on JUST that!
#2 – “Never sell to strangers”: getting to Genuine Conversations: The most effective way to get to having genuine und mutually beneficial conversations is by “giving your prospective clients an opportunity to see for themselves if what you’ve got is right for them”. (which is incidentally *essential* if you want to stand any chance of selling with Facebook Advertising)
#3 – There’s only ONE way to succeed with marketing: The Golden Rule Of Marketing is that you CAN NOT know up-front how a particular audience is going to react to your offer. But, absolutely anyone can TEST & OPTIMIZE their way to success. Sadly, most people choose to blame the ‘method’ (“… Youtube doesn’t work…”) and jump to the next method.
#4 – Everything we do is focused on the ‘fundamentals’: yes, our brains are hardwired to respond to ‘new’ (and shiny). And yet, we focus on fundamentals. Why? Because without fail, those who focus on the fundamentals get far superior results.
Our Promise To You
We walk the talk!
We appreciate that you have questions that haven’t been answered yet. And we appreciate & respect that, and do everything we can do to answer them. Because, like you, we want to create genuine win-win-oriented conversations with our prospective clients.
So, we will first invest in you.
We’ll educate you; we’ll show you the good, the bad, the ugly.
We’ll show you who is right. (without being all self-serving!)
We’ll show you strategies …
We’ll give you a way to test our concepts.
Then we’ll follow up and discuss it with you, and if we’re compatible, then (and only then) we’ll invite you in.
All without scarcity, price-drops, bonuses and all that other “persuasion” mass-marketing nonsense.
Your Next Step
If you’ve seen enough and want to work with us, reach out to us here and we’ll have an open, and honest assessment to see if we can help each other.
If you’re new to our work, and want to get a better feel for our style of working, join one of our free online workshops, so you can see for yourself what others are raving about. (and decide if we’re likely to be a good fit).
As you can probably guess from our approach outlined above, these online workshops are actual workshops, not thinly veiled pitches – and for those who want to take the next step, there often is an offer right at the very end, and always devoid or false urgency, bonuses and scarcity tactics 😉